Decide what you need before you book
With so many hotels to choose from, it can be a daunting task deciding which one is right for you. If you are paying a premium for a luxury hotel, you want to make sure you benefit from all that is offered. In today's competitive market, there is no stopping what a hotel can do to make sure you have the best stay imaginable. With so many accommodations available to meet almost every need, it is very important to do you research and make sure the hotel rooms you book will be the ultimate in luxurious retreats.
When leafing through booklets or surfing online, the first thing to catch your eye when browsing for a hotel are the pictures. It is important to keep in mind that pictures can be deceiving. Never base your decision to book a hotel based solely on pictures, as often times you will find the accommodations always look a little different and usually much smaller due to wide angle lenses. One of the best ways to make sure what you see is what you get is to read reviews, preferably independently posted, about the hotel. Whether in magazines or on travel sites there are plenty of reviews out there to assist you in making your decision.
Before you decide to go anywhere there are some decisions you should make ahead of time like:
- What activities are important to you - like golfing, spa treatments, adventures, sailing, etc.?
- How much time will you spend in the room?
- Are you close to attractions and tours?
- Whether you prefer cities, beaches, the countryside, castles, ski resorts, etc.
- Will your vacation include children or mobily-challenged individuals or a variety of different tastes?
- What can you not do without?
- Is it important to have a private chef and a staff to cater to your every whim? Do you have specific allergies or food requirements?
- How important is anonymity and seclusion?
- The 5-star rating - is it from a recognized organization?
- Is there a particular country you'd like to see?
- Will guests be staying with you?
- How many rooms are in your particular accommodation?
- Is there a Doctor in residence or on call?
It is important to always strive for the best. Luxury hotels should be able to offer you the finest of cuisine, accommodations, services and perks. Whether it is the most excellent of wines or designer entrees, your hotel should offer you the very best in 5-star dining. The hotel industry is very competitive and top-notch hotels will go that extra mile to make sure their guests have a wonderful experience. Once you live in the lap of luxury at an exotic hotel, it is hard to accept anything less on future trips. Enjoy.