What you need to know before you buy
With the popularity of timeshares booming, there are so many people in the marketplace that you really need to know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Luxury Resorts 101 has reviewed some timeshare destinations and provided some pros and cons for buying, selling and renting timeshare properties.
If you are planning on buying a timeshare in a vacation home, research is the best thing you can do before you spend the money. It is important you research all of the features and services involved before you sign on the dotted line.
Top 10 Questions to Ask Before Purchasing a Timeshare:/strong>
- How much time do you get per year? Is it fixed or floating?
- What time of year do you get your timeshare? The off season is an off season for a reason. With the climatic changes in the world, you really need to figure out the best time for you and your family to enjoy your holiday.
- What is located nearby? Is there a grocery store, drugstore, activities, loud partying neighbors, the beach, a factory, etc.
- What are the closing costs and is there an opt-out clause?
- What do you do if the other timeshare owners trash the place?
- How private is your unit? Is it in the prime location of a resort or hiding in the back with long walks to every amenity?
- Does the unit have a fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning, laundry facilities, internet hook-up, phone jacks, balcony, bath and shower, etc.
- How much is the maintenance fee and how much will it increase in the future? How does the property management deal with repairs and upgrades and who is responsible for payment? The last thing you want to do is try and coordinate repairs and collect money from others.
- Can you use other related properties in other destinations?
- Is there a daily fee for usage? Are utilities extra?
Remember you are likely not going to be in your unit 100% of the time, so location should be of the utmost importance. The reviews on Luxury Resorts 101 are there to give you the information you require to really understand what you are getting yourself into.
If you have experience with specific timeshares, we'd love for you to share it with us. Please submit your reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org .